The following documents may be helpful to speed skating coaches in designing innovative and appropriate speed skating programs for all levels of skaters:
- Cutting Edge Pin Program
- Coaching Masters Athletes
- Coaching Beginner Skaters Under 6
- Recommended Season Preparation and Planning
- 2017 Speed Skating Excellence Retreat Presentation (presented by Eric Bedard)
- “A Day in the Life” – Oval Athlete Power Point
- Core Workout #1, Core Workout #2 (provided by Eric Bedard)
Logistics and Safety
These documents will help club coaches prepare for their season. They may also be a good resource for coaches completing their portfolios to work towards certification.
- SSC Safety Club & Coach Resources
- SSC Red Book (rules)
- Coaching Association of Canada Emergency Action Plan (EAP) checklist
All NCCP courses an individual has taken are tracked in an online database called The Locker. Anyone who has taken an NCCP course (in any sport) will have a profile on The Locker. If coaches need assistance finding their account number (CC #) or password, please contact the BCSSA Technical Director.
Coaches may also find the following videos helpful in retrieving their account information:
All coaches are encouraged to continue their coaching education through a variety of avenues, including additional NCCP courses, speed skating specific courses and general sports-related courses. NCCP-certified coaches are required to do professional development to maintain their certification.
An example of an additional NCCP course includes Making Head Way in Speed Skating, a *FREE* online module about concussion recognition in speed skating.