We are disappointed to announce that the 2020 BC Short Track Championships scheduled for March 14-15, 2020, have been cancelled. Today’s updates from the Provincial Government leaves us believing that this is the best decision we could make for the athletes and for all of us who support them.
Important reminder- skaters wishing to compete for Team BCSSA @ CYST must complete their online Intent to Compete form by 5pm Pacific on Sunday March 8th. Please note that this deadline is prior to the BCST Championship.
Other Team BCSSA @ CYST timelines:
- The number of Team BCSSA @ CYST positions available should be announced by Speed Skating Canada by Wednesday March 11th, and will be communicated out as soon as possible
- All skaters with a Team BCSSA pool suit must return it to Chris Acton by the end of the day Saturday March 14th at BCST Championship
- Skaters who have submitted their Intent to Compete must attend a mandatory (brief) Team BCSSA meeting on Saturday March 14th, immediately following the conclusion of racing
- Skaters who have submitted their Intent to Compete should meet with Chris Acton on Sunday March 15th to be sized for a Team BCSSA pool suit
- Team BCSSA @ CYST will be formally announced during the awards ceremony Sunday March 15th at the BCST Championship
The Provincial Relay Challenge (PRC) is back! Entries for this 2-person team event are due annually on March 18th. Please see the information on the Events & Results Calendar on March 18th for the format of the event and for the online submission form.
The qualification period for the BCST Championship has now concluded. L2T and T2T skaters qualified based on cumulative Cup Points from the BC Cup ST competitions or based on qualifying times skated this season. The full list of eligible L2T and T2T skaters is available here. Junior, Senior and C4L Masters skaters qualified based on qualifying time(s) skated this season.
All qualified skaters must now register for the BCST Championship. Clubs submit one entry per club, using the club registration spreadsheet and the individual entry form. The registration deadline is Thursday March 5th at 11pm Pacific. Clubs must also submit the name(s) of their club coach(es) who will be at the BCST Championship on the club registration spreadsheet. Club coaches must meet the Minimum Coaching Qualifications Policy; please note that there is an opportunity for mentorship/ exemptions.
Any questions should be directed to Chris Acton (firstname.lastname@example.org).