ODC periodically release newsletters/bulletins to the membership. Recent Officials Newsletters/Bulletins can be found here:
- February 2017 Officials Memo
- December 2016 Officials Newsletter
- October 2016 Officials Newsletter
- August 2015 Officials Bulletin
- July 2014 Officials Bulletin
- August 2013 Officials Newsletter
- August 2012 Officials Newsletter
- March 2012 Officials Newsletter
- SSC Yellow Card Rules Change (October 2017)
- Safety Concussion Protocol (August 2015)
- Clarification of Passing Rules (December 2014)
- 2014-15 ISU Rules (October 2014)
- ISU Flat Blade Start Protocol for 2015– Effective July 1, 2015 (October 2014)
- Double Whistle at Completion of Race (October 2014)
- Racing Rules: Assistance (August 2013)
- Judging the Finish (August 2013)
- Racing Rules: Lapping a Skater (January 2013)
- Safety Equipment for on ice Volunteers (February 2016)
- Skate Blade Radius (updated October 2015)
- Ear Protection for StartersÂ (October 2014)
- Yellow Cards – Final Memo (May 2015)
- Cut Resistant Ankle Protection (September 2012)
The organization of a meet is crucial to hosting a safe, meaningful and financial viable meet. Depending on the meet, an Event Organizer (no formal certifications), a Meet Coordinator (certified Levels 1-3) and/or a Competitors Steward (certified Levels 3-5) may be responsible for organizing the meet. For more details, please visit the Meet Coordinator Resources page.
Level 1 and 2 Officials Clinics are overseen by the BCSSA ODC. To organize a clinic:
- Contact ODC via email to plan the type of clinic, date/time, location and Clinic Conductor.
- Complete the Clinic Request Form and email to ODC. All clinics must be approved by ODC, and approved clinics will have all fees covered by ODC.
- When approved, ODC will advertise the clinic on the BCSSA website.
- Print manuals for clinic participants (available from the SSC website).
- Collect clinic fees for all participants: $5/participant for Level 1 clinics, $25/participant for Level 2 Referee/Starter clinics, $15/participant for other Level 2 clinics).
- After the clinic, submit the Clinic Participant Registry and one cheque covering all clinic fees to the BCSSA Office. The clinic fees will be reimbursed to the hosting club.